KIA Optima

I have been trying to find a LE V6 Optima around Raleigh, NC. I did not even get calls beack from most of the dealers I contacted via e mail. I did test drive one. It was ok, but I noticed quite a delay and angry hum when the automatic shifted into higher gear. And that was at around 45 mph. The test drive dealer said he was going to find one for me, that was 1 week ago. I never heard from him since. I am giving up. I found a Toyota Camry V 6 with 25000 miles for about the same money the Optima would have been at Carmax. Rose

Reply to
Roswitha Siddiqi

As long as that Camry has been taken care of (and you continue to take care of it), it'll easily last you 200k miles.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Pitz

I have a Kia Optima, and sight unseen, I'd trade it for your Camry anyday.

I have 42k on it currently I have no expectations for the car to be like a Honda or Toyota where if you care for it properly, it will last 200k. I have had it back to the dealer way too much. This past weeks visit was for power windows that are faulty, and replacement of a piece of chrome trim that fell off while driving, ( No... that wasn't embarrassing!) and to have, for the second time, the outside rearview mirror replaced.

Also, between oil changes (strictly 3k), at LEAST 1 qt. of oil disappears. The dealer said this is normal. KIA normal I suppose.

Reply to
T. D.

I'm @93K on my V6. I'm going for 200K. I think I'll make it...

Reply to