Headlights burn down often - Elantra 2002

Elantra 2002. My Headlights burn down often, about every 5-7 months I have change one of them. Anyone has a clue? 8O

Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Headlights-burn-ftopict247418.html
There are many threads on this issue. This is a common problem with H7 bulbs and is not exclusive to Hyundai. You might try different brands to see if bulb life improves, but others have reported little difference, if I recall correctly.
hyundaitech wrote:

The life he's getting seems to be about average (~6 months). I've tried several brands and so far, only Hella has lasted longer than the average, but that was only one set of bulbs, so it may be an anomaly. I'm on my second set of Hella bulbs now, but a different model that's rated at a higher life, so we'll see what happens 6 months or so down the line.