Hyundai SantaFe question.

Hi all,
I have noticed that after driving the vehicle for a while and get out of the car, I hear water drops hitting some hot part of the engine and
evaporating. I assume it's the A/C, but I don't see any puddles, and I find it strange that they would design it this way. I hope it's not a sign of something wrong; the vehicle is only a couple of months old.
TIA,
Rich
"Dum Spiro, Spero."
As long as I breath, I hope.
Cicero (Ancient Rome)
Its more than likely condensate dripping from the evaporator coil for the A/C ; it shouldnt be landing on the exhaust and may need redirecting . Since its new, id take it in under warranty.
Another poster mentioned this. Upon investigating, it was found that the evaporator drain water eventually drips onto the front exhaust pipe -- nothing to worry about.
hyundaitech wrote:

--

Thanks to all for the advice. Shouldn't I worry about rust though?

Thanks,
'Thanks to all for the advice. Shouldn't I worry about rust though? Thanks, Rich'
Reply: No. Its no more of a problem than having rain water hit the exhaust when your driving. It could be easily rerouted however, by simply pushing a slightly larger hose over the existing drain hose on the outside if you wish.
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

--

True. Thanks for tip.

Rich