Couple Problems that I have noticed about my Titan...

I have a Titan SE Crew 4x4, power captains, and bed package. I have had it for about a month and it has less the 1000 miles on it. At 900 miles I noticed that when you turn on the heat to the 2 or above setting, A high pitched humming noise comes from the vents. Also, the plastic part of the tailgate on the right side below where the keyhole is is starting to come apart from the rest of the tailgate. The non key side is firm, but the key side is loose. Anyone else having any Titan problems?

Reply to
Devin James Gray

Devin James Gray:

It sounds like your problems could be solved quite easily, and under warranty.

I have the same beast, 600 miles. The only problem so far is that the heater only puts out serious heat with the switch in the "MAX AC" position. If I set the temp at its highest setting and turn the "Air flow control dial" to the foot-well position my legs and feet freeze. We've had very cold temperatures in Maryland daily since I bought the truck, and this is a problem. I compare this to my trusty '91 Toyota V6 Xtra-Cab, where the heater will set your socks on fire if not turned down a bit.

As for the bed, I have the sliding bed divider, the tray (or "bed pan," as I call it), the bed extender, and the sliding overhead rack. This is waaaay too much junk! I've already removed the "bed pan," but I haven't figured out how to remove the plastic tracks to which it mounts, which will soon get broken, I'm sure. They don't slide out because they hit the tailgate, which is higher than the bed when open. And the bed divider's travel is very limited by the overhead rack. Something's gotta go, but I won't know what until I get to know the truck a bit better -- and the weather warms up enough that I can go outside and stare at it for a bit.

Smooth sailing!

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

This sorta makes sense because until you go to max/AC you are trying to heat cold outside air.

This is not normal. It should be "less hot" but I can't imagine it should be cold. I rarely keep my vents open to the outside air on any of my vehicles so I don't notice how cold it gets when the heater is on.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

Davoud:

Glenn Woodell:

Hmmmm. Unless I misunderstand the controls (and unless they work differently to those used in other vehicles with which I am familiar), I can select "Recirculate" via the pushbutton in the center of the Fan Speed Control Dial without regard to position of the Air Flow Control Dial. Am I mistaken?

Yes, I know it's not normal! That's why I posted it in response to the OP's question "Anyone else having any Titan problems?"! But--repeating myself--as far as I know, my vents are not open to the outside air, either. No nastisness intended--if my understanding of the "Recirculate" button is incorrect, I want to know about it!

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

Hi, my heater is nothing to brag about either. It seems to take .5hr. before it really gets warm. It's noisy as well. Sometimes it lets off a hiss every minute, like one of the air motors is releasing excess vacuum. No exterior problems but a bit of loose weatherstrip at the bottom of the rear pass. door (king cab). Lemmee know if you want to sell the racks! I could use them, and I'm not too far away. Casey

Reply to
*Casey*

You are about to learn what I learned. I noticed that when driving behind some stinky diesel or oil burning vehicle I still got a lung full of sick air even when the recirc was on. It was noticible in heat and off but especially noticible when in defrost position.

I called Nissan and was told that by law even though the recirc is on, there must be some outside air coming in. I hate this. No vehicle is completely airtight so this should not be needed.

We have a trash pile along the interstate that stinks especially when the wind is blowing certain directions and when I drive by I cannot shut it off.

I could with all my other vehicles. :(

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell