"Misfire" 2004 Santa Fe 3.5

Hello All,
OK, so, $4,000.00 later - one dealership tells me I need a new differential for approximately $3,000.00 more. Another dealership tells me that my AWD is trying to engage, hence the feeling of a
misfire. A local mechanic is at wits end because his equipment canít really say whatís going on.
Has anyone else had this problem? Apparently, the wheel tread is different on one of my tires (missed by the dealership) and this "could cause" what feels like a misfire because the AWD is "trying" to engage.
Should I try another dealership? The dealership where I purchased my 2004 Santa Fe is recommending that I donít fix it and purchase a new one instead. (still with a huge balance owing due to the fact Iíve only had it 4 years)
I LOVE my car - before this, no issues - May 5th, my crank shaft pully and belts had to be replaced. Tune up, CAT, new brakes, new timing belt, injector flush, reset codes - hasnít helped. Iíd rather keep her than trade her in.
Any help would be appreciated - Iím running out of money and patience :roll: Thanks in advance.
Cathie
Thread archive:
‚úĖ

First off - your vehicle is still under warranty (maybe). How many miles are on it? Did you purchase it new? If you are within the warranty period (apparent contradiction admited), then why are you paying these fees? Or... why are they quoting these fees?

Ummmm... and the fix for this would be... match your tires - not replacing your differential.

Of course - they want to sell you a new vehicle, fix yours and sell it used.

You really need to provide more information. Start with the details on your warranty - did you buy it new? How many miles are on it? Then proceed to an explanation of what got you to this point in the first place. Nobody can tell you what to do based on nothing more than a report of what a couple of dealers said. What specifically was your original problem?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Where do you live Cathie, that your new car warranty is only 5yrs/100,000Km? That's our used car warranty in the States.

Check your owner's manual. Here in the states, you are not required to use a dealer to maintain your car and your receipts should have sufficed as proof (or confirmation) of your maintenance. Make sure you are not getting jerked around by the dealer. If your owner's manual reads like ours in the states, then this dealer is indeed jerking you around and you should not even consider buying a car from them. Dishonest is dishonest.