2004 Hyundai Santa Fe Crossrail adjustment?

Anyone know how I can adjust the roof rack crossrails? I can't for the life of me figure it out, and it's not covered in the owner's manual. I am trying to move the front one forward to accommodate a car top carrier. Thanks

Reply to
R. Wood

My Santa Fe came with a small "key" but it is round, to fit the screws on the ends of the crossrails. My Santa Fe is a 2002, so there may be some difference.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

My 2002 SF didn't come with a key (and the dealer could never 'find' one) but I use a needle nose pliers to unlock the crossrails. Just stick the pliers 'points' into the crossrail locks (one lock on each side), open and shift.

Don't forget to re-lock, eh?.

S25

Reply to
S25

Found the part number to the "Sports Rack Key".

It is: 00244-16150

Got it off of

Tim

Reply to
Tim

replying to R. Wood, robert wrote: i had same problem i used a small tipped pair of needle nose plyers they worked great

Reply to
robert