New Hyundai Owner!

I just helped my sister buy a 1999 Hyundai Accent GSI with only 58,000k on it! The Hyundai dealership where I bought it also did a great job of cleaning it before I picked it up.
I had a few questions that I hoped someone could help me with.
1 Is it all Accents or all Hyundai's in general that have such little headroom? I'm 6'2" with spiky hair and my hair is touching the roof when I drive it.
2 I'm assuming the driver's side power lock is supposed to lock and unlock the hatch, but it doesn't. The only way to lock or unlock the hatch is with the key. If it's not working, is it an easy fix?
3 The hatch has this plastic clips in the car that hold it in place and one is missing from this car. Is this something my sister could pick up at Canadian Tire or only a Hyundai dealership?
All in all though is seems like a great little car.
Chris

no, it will NOT unlock the back hatch using the drives door lock.. the remote should when unlocking all doors, but not the drives door lock.

Pete & Cindy wrote:

Are you sure about that? I don't have a remote and when my roomate unlocked the drivers side door, I could definately hear a mechanism moving when standing near the hatch.
Chris
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Other Hyundai vehicle require the door lock button or remote to be pressed twice to unlock the passenger's doors and the hatch. You also have to turn the key twice to unlock the hatch.
Brian Nystrom wrote:

The car didn't come with a remote. Is it possible to buy one?
Also I just tried the turn the key twice thing and it didn't work.
When I unlock the driver's door I swear I can hear something moving in the hatch. Like it's trying to unlock but doesn't work.
Chris
my friend was 6'4 and hs head diddnt h it the roof in our 99 accent

Jody wrote:

I wonder why? Is there someway to lower the seat?
Maybe it's my sitting position? I tend to sit up pretty straight when driving.
Chris
On th eother hand I'm 5'7 and can't wear a hat in mine. Depends on how far one likes to tip the seat back.
;-)

i have short hair, no hats so i guess maybye i dont notice much, im 6ft.. ;-)

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

So I just found out that the gas guage is broken :(
I tried to fill it up last night as it was on half and it was already full.
The deal I had with the dealership was that anything that they would fix anything the car needed to pass safety in Ontario. Is this something required for the safety certificate?
Chris
Good luck with the Accent. I have a 1996 Accent that just went over 201,000 miles and is running strong. I'm trying to catch up to my wife who has 221,000 plus miles on her 1993 Subaru (rusty) Impreza. Neither car owes us anything.
Jozef

were at 150 000 kms on our 99 accent, burns zero oil, runs good as day we bought it. just keep up with all the maitenance

Jody wrote:

Hoping the dealership will fix the gas guage as I hear it's an expensive repair. The car was bought on conignment so has no warranty and I don't think it's something that has to be fixed for the safety certificate.
Chris