2004 Hyundai Accent "OD OFF" Light

I just bought a 2004 Accent, and when I test drove it there were no lights on, but two or three days after buying the car, the "OD Off" light is on. Does anyone know what this means and what I need to do for it? I didn't know if this meant Overdrive Off and that my engine is now running high at higher speeds or what's going on. Please help

Reply to
Bcline

There's a small button on the left side of your shift lever which turns the overdrive off and on. You've accidentally bumped it and turned the overdrive off. Simply push the button again and your lamp will go out and your overdrive will again be turned on.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Did a manual come with the car? If so, look at the transmission section. Bet you'll find your answer there.

Reply to
HPGrn