Not starting

I have a 99 hyundai elantra that will not turn over. I have a new battery in it and it?s still doing the same thing. The horn and the dome light work but nothing else. Also the car will not even go into gear when the key is turned. Wondering if it is an electrical problem.

Reply to
j_c_37

two things could have happened,when you shift out of park make sure you press brake pedal completely,or the shift cable will bind.You could possibly have a bad shift lock solenoid,check fuse 14.In the meantime you will need a screwdriver to press the shiftlock button,You should see a slit next to the shift lever.

"j_c_37" wrote: > I have a 99 hyundai elantra that will not turn over. I have a > new battery in it and it's still doing the same thing. The > horn and the dome light work but nothing else. Also the car > will not even go into gear when the key is turned. Wondering > if it is an electrical problem.

Reply to
waynes93jeep

sure sounds electrical. I hate that shift lockout "feature" As the other fellow said you can manually override the lock to get the shift to move...though you sure aren't going anywhere. You'll get lots of bttter responses, but I suggest you check your battery cables and fuses to start..

Reply to
Darby OGill