Oil Plug size

I have 3000 miles on my Optima Kia same Engine as Sonata- The 4 cylinder.I crawled under the engine and it has a complete shield over the pan and filter. with slots to reach throught.I tried a 11/16 wrench which was very
close but just a little play. My 01 sonata plug was a 14 MM plug.

I could be wrong, but I think they are all 17mm now.
Eric
ALL imports, and now most domestics, use metric sizes on things like their drain plugs.
My SAE wrenches pretty much sit unused anymore - my metrics are being used almost non-stop.
Tom Wenndt