Re: Realistic gas mileage for '05 Sante Fe

Funny you should post this now. I just returned from a trip to Florida, 1523 miles [round trip]. I kept close track of my mileage to see what it really
would be. My '04 with a 2.7L averaged 26.4 mpg for the highway portion of the trip. The part I really liked was the cruising range, 420 miles between fill-ups. I had the cruise control set at 75 for the majority of the time. Very satisfied.

My 2002 4 cyl auto FWD, averages 28 using Marathon or Shell gasoline on the highway, 20 city. But use BP or Citgo & 13 city, 18 hwy. So try it with yours.
fhm wrote:

Florida, 1523

really
portion of

between
4speed
of
"theawesome1" wrote: > My 2002 4 cyl auto FWD, averages 28 using Marathon or Shell > gasoline on > the highway, 20 city. But use BP or Citgo & 13 city, 18 hwy. > So try > it with yours. > > > fhm wrote: > > Funny you should post this now. I just returned from a trip > to > Florida, 1523 > > miles [round trip]. I kept close track of my mileage to see > what it > really > > would be. My '04 with a 2.7L averaged 26.4 mpg for the > highway > portion of > > the trip. The part I really liked was the cruising range, > 420 miles > between > > fill-ups. > > I had the cruise control set at 75 for the majority of the > time. > > Very satisfied. > > > > > > "Tim" &lt; snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com&gt; wrote in message > > > &nbsp;> > I am considering purchasing a mini-SUV, and the > Sante Fe is one > &nbsp;> > consideration. However, I'm a bit concerned about > getting some > &nbsp;> > realistic estimate of the gas mileage. > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > 95%+ of my driving will be highway. > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > The 2.7L engine seems to offer the best mileage, but > only has a > 4speed > &nbsp;> > auto transmission. > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > The 3.5L engine is larger, but also has the option > of a 5speed auto > &nbsp;> > transmission. > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > Can someone give me an idea of realistic highway > mileage for either > of > &nbsp;> > the above engines, for a GLS or LX? > &nbsp;> > > &nbsp;> > Thx. > &nbsp;> >
My 2000 2.7 averages 26 mpg (imperial gallon), with a 50/50 mix of town and motorway driving (urban / highway).
The car has the 4 sp auto gearbox, and no cruise control.