'01 Sante Fe codes?

Howdy,

I've got a 01 Santa Fe with a check engine light. I live pretty far away from a dealership and hope to educate myself about the following codes before I take it to a dealer.

All the following codes came out of the computer at the same time:

P0115 P0081 U3118 C0300

Can anyone give any advice as to what these things mean? Do I need to park the car until I take it to a dealer?

Thanks! Jim

Reply to
Jim

P0115 indicates a problem with the coolant temp sensor readings.

P0081 appears to not apply to the Santa Fe. It's listed as "Intake valve control solenoid, bank 1." As the Santa Fe doesn't have variable valve timing, I don't see how this would apply.

U3118 also should not apply as the '01 Santa Fe doesn't have CAN communication between computers. My code list is old enough that it doesn't list any U codes.

I also have no description for a C0300. Any C code would be a traction or ABS problem, so if you don't have traction or ABS, it doesn't apply to your vehicle.

I largely suspect the code reader used is having some difficulty communicating with your vehicle. You may wish to try a different reader. P0115 seems believeable. The others are highly suspicious.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Hyundaitech, you are awesome. Thank you for all your advice over the past couple of years.

It was an "expensive" code reader but I'm told it doesn't have the manufacturer-specific codes. I read them off the unit myself so those are the codes that were gleaned so I suspect your last statement is correct.

Later, Jim

Reply to
Jim