Recalls

A friend had a recall for the brake light switch on his 2008 Sonata. Are there any recalls for this on the 2008 Elantra? I bought my car used (but not from a Hyundai dealer) so I may not get recall letters.

---MIKE---

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Go to the/a dealer and register the car - you will get notices.
I had a recall on the brake light switch on my 2008 Santa Fe, so it sounds like it might be a common issue on the 2008 models..
A friend had a recall for the brake light switch on his 2008 Sonata. Are there any recalls for this on the 2008 Elantra? I bought my car used (but not from a Hyundai dealer) so I may not get recall letters.
---MIKE---

MikeO wrote:

I called Hyundai and was told that there was no recall (for brake light switch) on the 2008 Elantra. They also assured me that I WOULD get recall letters because the DMV has my VIN number and my address.
---MIKE---