Remote keyless entry transmitter shell replacement

Both of my remote keyless entry transmitters have come apart and I'm wondering if anyone out there knows if you can buy a replacement shell for the transmitter inside.

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

It might be easier and cheaper to pick one up off eBay and to avoid the reprogramming of the new one just rob the case off it and save the guts as a backup in case you need it down the road. I've been able to get the fobs off eBay for as low as $5 plus a couple of $$ for shipping.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
lmcclaf

Cool. I have seen them on eBay before but my worry is the shell and getting it apart without breaking / weakening the tab things that keep the whole housing clamped together. You've had good success with this?

- Thee Chicago Wolf

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf

I haven't had a Hyundai fob to pop open yet but the Ford fobs I have messed around with in the past popped open very easily if you are careful.

Reply to
lmcclaf

You can. Your local dealer can price one for you. Expect them to need to not have it in stock, though.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thanks for the heads up HT.