keyless entry remote

hi, a friend of mine lost 1 keyless entry remote for a 2002 ford ranger, i got one remote from ebay, but i need the procedure on how to program this remote into the truck, so i can pass on the instructions to him. does anyone know how?

thanks.

Reply to
na

It may be in his owners manual On some, you must turn the key on and off a series of times, on some it's 5 times, some it's eight. The door locks will activate by themselves, then you hit lock on the remote you are programming in. Note, you will have to do it with all the remotes at the same time. Don't use this post to program by, it's not complete, but it is an idea of how it's done. My '99 F350 is the reference I was using.

Good luck.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader