1995 Trooper - Exhaust smells quite "gassy"

I have a 1995 trooper w/ about 130K miles. Recently I noticed that the exhast is smelling quite "gassy" - like gasoline. Anyone know what this
might be?
thanks
gm

Is it a diesel or a gas trooper? Since you're calling it a trooper I'm guessing USA and Gas engine, in which case it could be running so rich that it's sending out unburnt fuel through the tailpipe.
O2 sensor could be dud.
rhys
Hi, I have a 1995 Isuzu Trooper also. It is a 3.2 Liter Engine. I had the same problem. I pulled the codes when the check engine light came on and it said Fault Code 44 which is an OS2 sensor. It is located just in front of the Catalytic Converter, just replace it, this will also increase you gas milage. It costs about $75 at Auto Zone.