2000 Trooper exhaust leak? Warrenty?

Hi fellow trooper owners.

I have three questions I want to get advice on before taking my 2000 Trooper (46000 miles) into the shop.

Lately, I've been hearing a sound when I accelerate, or hit the gas when in park. I'm not positive what it is. From experience, I would say it sounds like an exhaust leak. It does not occur when you are moving and take your foot off the exhaust. I can't see anything obvious - no huge holes. If I had to guess, I would say the noise is located in the front half of the car, but it's difficult to locate. The noise is most noticable at low speeds. This could just me that it's masked at higher speeds.

  1. Are there any other problems that would explain the symptoms?

  1. Anyone had problems with exhaust leaks on (relatively) new Troopers?

  2. Assumming it's the exhaust, is it covered by the 100000/10 yr warrenty? Or is it one of those things that's "normal wear and tear", like brake pads?

Any advice would be much appreciated. It's my strong feeling that I get better service from the Isuzu dealerships if I have some idea what's going on before I take it in.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Walker

If so, it should be covered on the emissions warranty.

Reply to
Max Tindell

have a look for soot marks around the exhaust gaskets and manifold, if theres a leak there their should be black marks form the soot coming out the hole.

Reply to
rnf2

Thanks rnf2,

I couldn't see the leak but the mechanic found that the connection between the evp and manifold had come loose. He fixed it, and no more noise. He said it's not the first time he's seen it the problem on troopers. On a separate issue, they changed the serpentine belt. It was only at 40,000 miles but it did look a little worn.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Walker