1999 Rodeo front shocks

I have a 99 Rodeo that from day one has had very soft shocks in the front. The front end will actually hit the rubber stops when slowly going over speed bumps or when getting on the brakes in a hurry. Is this the way they all were or did I get a bad setup? Any good recommendations for replacement shocks to stiffen things up?

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
mannymills