2001 Rodeo Won't shift from Park

I have a 2001 Rodeo 3.2 with automatic & 31,000 miles.
Suddenly won't shift out of Park position. I've tried the manuals - put key in ACC position, shift toNeutral, step on brake, start engine,
etc. procedure. One problem - it never shifted out of Park.
What should I be looking for?
Thanks in advance, L.D. Graham
L.D. Graham wrote:

sounds like shift linkage came apart just another thought are your brake lights working? the selenoid used to lock it into park works off your brake light switch could be just a blown fuse