2001 Rodeo ABS light...

The ABS light on my wife's 2001 Rodeo comes on... I know that it indicates some problem in the ABS system, but the question is how to check the ABS code? The repair manual I have only suggests to use a Tech-2 diagnostic tool, which costs around $4K and thus it's not one option. Is there any low cost ABS code reader (a few hundred bucks) out there? I hate to bring the truck to a dealer because of these 3 reasons:

  1. I'm going pay an arm and a leg for any repair made.
  2. The nearest Isuzu dealer from where I live is 40 miles away.
  3. I'm pretty good at auto repair (spent 2 years in college in automotive technology before switching to another major). It feels bad to pay someone to do something I can do myself. Any suggestions any greatly appreciated. Stanav.
Reply to
Stanav