Latest threads in Isuzu Carsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1989 Trooper -- ignition timing off, does not advance
I am helping someone with a 1988 Isuzu Trooper (gasoline). I will not pass emissions test for the idling part of the test, and it seems to have low power and feels like it "floods" when you first...

1990 Isuzu Trooper Brake Light Problems
Hi My brake lights are not working on my 1990 Trooper 4x4. Bulbs and fuses are fine and a local mechanic even checked al the connections under the dash board. Everything there seemed to be fine. ANy...
1
1

WTB: 91 2.3l A/C compressor braket w/ idler pully
This is the braket that bolts to the engine and supports the compressor. It also has a slotted bracket bolted to it for the idler pulley. If you have one, please respond to vwr32 I think the 2.6l...
1
1

UK 4 JX1 3.0 L
Further to my cambelt post. For the future, are there any alternative engines that will fit directly? David

4JX1 Campbelt Change, what else?
My 1998 UK 3.0L Turbo Diesel Trooper will need a cambelt replacement soon. What else should be replaced? Water Pump? Tentioner? Pulleys If anyone has had it done by a main dealer what did they do? Is...

New Engine Block: Best Places to Look?
Some elderly friends of mine have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper LS (3.5L, 6 cylinder). It threw a rod. From my reading a new cylinder block and possibly then some is necessary. I have never shopped for an...
1
1

brake question
2003 rodeo 4cyl are the rear brake shoes replaceable by the DIY'er? someone told me they were "sealed", but couldn't explain how that was different from other drum systems. thanks for any help.
1
1

O/2 sensor light on (88 trooper II)
Does anyone know how to turn the oxygern sensor light off on a 88 isuzu trooper II 2.6 engine. Installed new sensor and light is still on. Have disconnected battery, but light came on as soon as I...
1
1

mileage
im looking at a 2002 trooper with 90k miles on it for $11,000. is that a good deal and is the mileage too high; will it need major repairs soon? im also trying to sell my 2001 honda civic with 50000...
3
3

HELP!! 1.8L Diesel
Hey everyone, i am in a real pickle here. I have a 1981 Chevy Chevette with the 1.8L diesel, and i have been searching for a flywheel for it with no luck. Does anyone out there have a spare they are...
1
1

ISUZU NPR 1990 DIESEL #1 CYLINDER INTAKE VALVE LEAKING
When I went to adjust the valves for the first time, the #1 intake was tight; I set at at .018, then about a thousand miles later, it was at .016 (all the other valves were .018) so I reset it to...

intercooling and Isuzu
HI. I have recently fitted an Isuzu 2.8L turbo engine to my 1968 Land Rover. Really want to fit an intercooler to it to increase power and torque. I'm thinking of using a Land Rover 300TDI intercooler...

P0401 code on 1997 Isuzu rodeo
I am getting a P0401 code on a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo V6 engine with approximately 140,000 miles. EGR valve has been replace a few years ago. The check engine light comes on and sets the P0401 code when the...
5
5

1995 Honda Passport - Timing Belt Tension Question
Okay. Here's the deal. About 5,000 miles ago, I performed a complete HLA (hydraulic lash adjuster) service on my engine. I took the opportunity to also change the timing belt. For some stupid reason,...
2
2

Amigo AC Compressor?
Have a 99 Amigo that needs a DKV14G compressor (post 12-98 production) and found that the 98/99 Subaru Legacy uses the same model compressor but is much cheaper for some reason. Anyone know if this...
2
2