94 Amigo 2.6L

I have a 94 Amigo 2.6L and the engine is shot 140K it was badly overheated/rebuilt but did not last 20K miles after that now it burns oil at about one qt per 100 miles, Fouls the plugs in 2 cylinders. In any case I
want to replace the engine but have always felt the car was underpowered. Is there any other engine that will "drop in" and adapt up the the stock transmission/transfer case? 5 spd std. Thanks in advance.

Rebuilding the 2.6L is your best bet....there is no v6 that would swap in easily....unless you found a 94 Pickup with a 3.1L drivetrain (note: not just engine!!!) to swap in. I would mention the 3.2L, but that engine costs upwards of $3000 from the junkyards, IIRC....
Otherwise, since the v6 swap in stock form gains you nothing but crummy mpg's and no real power gain, find a good engine rebuilder instead.