ABS- 99 Amigo

99 4WD V6 Amigo w Auto Trans, 105k miles

at about 95k miles, when starting the vehicle into motion the ABS system would activate the first time I hit the brakes, usually at low speeds, sometimes in reverse. The system would activate for a second or two, then shut-off & trigger the ABS light on the dash. This went on for several thousand miles, now the system doesn't activate at all and the light is always on.

I had a local shop examine the system. They say all of the speed sensors check-out fine and could find nothing else wrong. So, they want to replace part of the ECU that handles ABS functions. Anybody else had a similar experience?

So far I paid about $400 for this diagnosis, so if I need to pay another $400 for the computer, I need to know that this fix will work.

Reply to
Steven Finnerty

My 99 2WD V6 Auto had an ABS module replaced under a factory recall last year. I'd check with a dealer before you spend any more. If nothing else, you should be able to call them with the VIN and see if the work has been done. St. Charles Isuzu in St.Charles, Missouri is supposed to be really good so you might try them first. Good luck! Andy

Reply to
Busman