95.5 Rodeo dies unexpectedly..

I have a 1995.5 3.2L V6 Rodeo, 2WD.. My wife drives it back and forth to work every day, and it dies about 3 times during the 40minute trip, usually at a red light. It'll start idling roughly, the check engine light comes
on, and then it dies. And then it starts right back up again, and drives on until it feels like dying again. I've cleaned the fuel injectors, I've checked and replaced belts. It has done this before, and the shop I took it to said that the reason was the computer wasnt getting enough voltage. So they cleaned the battery terminals. I checked this also, the terminals are fine, and the AMPmeter is reading normally, as are all other gauges when it dies. I've checked for water in the gas.. The fuel filter shouldn't have to be replaced yet, either. I am at a loss as to what could be causing this. My area of expertise is classics, carburetors etc.. not electronic fuel injection.
Thanks for any help.
--
Chuck Burns

Have you checked the fuel pump? If it is flakey, that could be a problem. I would change the fuel filter on general principals, they are cheap enough, and you never know what might help..... Have you tested the battery? If it has an internal short, or some such, that might also be a problem.... Good luck
--

William Robb

Gently defuse the bomb to reply directly.
I have run a full computer diagnostic on the vehicle, the battery is fine as well. I am leaning more towards a sensor because it smells like it's flooded out when it dies..
Chuck Burns

"Chuck Burns"

Come to think, my Nissan did the same thing after getting out of the shop one time. It turned out to be an exhaust gas sensor that wasn't hooked up.