leaking power steering fluid

Looks like it is coming out of the end of a metal ended hose that is on top of the ps pump. I'm fairly handy is this a diy job? anything tricky to it? Anyone know why these hoses are $150+ online?
Thanks 95trooper 115k
yep, definitely diy. could just need a tightening down to seal it, or maybe replace the metal washers. Or the whole hose needs replaced, which on my 88 was'nt bad except for loosening the end that connects to the metal line. that was a bear to loosen, but easy after that.
Great, thanks for your insight. On further inspection it looks like both ends of the hose have ps fluid on them so there is probably a crack in that hose somewhere near the top and it is just leaking inside that outer sleeve that covers that hose and that fluid is what is dripping out of both ends of the outer sleeve and unto the metal ends. the bottom end of the hose looks like a tight fit and a real knuckle buster to get a wrench on, but thats why they make gloves!
cerobit wrote:

Any ideas on how to get the lower end of that hose off? I took off the fan shroud to get a better look at it and man, not much ro0m down there I am afraid I will put a hole in the radiator if my wrench slips
My '94 Trooper PS hose leaked. Got a new one but it did not come with the tapered bolt that secured it to the pump and the old one didn't fit. I could not get a good seal since the taper feature was useless and a metal or nylon washer didn't seal it under that pressure. I got the counter man at NAPA to find me a copper washer the right size, tightened it down and it sealed and has been ok since. It's been a while but I believe the hose was a GM thing and the lack of the tapered bold was a GM screwup. That's about normal for GM.
On 25 Jan 2005 12:36:37 -0800, "95trooper"

"Oliver B. Lafferty" wrote: > My '94 Trooper PS hose leaked. Got a new one but it did not > come with > the tapered bolt that secured it to the pump and the old one > didn't > fit. I could not get a good seal since the taper feature was > useless > and a metal or nylon washer didn't seal it under that > pressure. I got > the counter man at NAPA to find me a copper washer the right > size, > tightened it down and it sealed and has been ok since. It's > been a > while but I believe the hose was a GM thing and the lack of > the > tapered bold was a GM screwup. That's about normal for GM. > > On 25 Jan 2005 12:36:37 -0800, "95trooper"
> > >Looks like it is coming out of the end of a metal ended hose > that is on > >top of the ps pump. I'm fairly handy is this a diy job? > anything > >tricky to it? Anyone know why these hoses are $150+ online? > >Thanks > >95trooper 115k > >
Thanks for the tips. My power steering leaked too.
91 2.8L 159K