Questions about 92 Amigo XS 2WD please.

Hey guys, I am considering a 92 Amigo XS as a winter driver... Its 2WD with a auto tranny, 134k miles 2.6 4 cy. Are these pretty reliable engines? Any head gasket issues? Do they require the Timing belt & water pump to
be replaced on time or have large engine damage?
I test drove this one yesterday and it ran decent, but had an oil leak, steering was pretty loose, needs rear brakes...2WD model had oversized 31's on the rear...Regular size on front...Seemed to idle high, the owner stated he had replaced a idle sensor or something like that...
After my 20 minute test drive I opened the hood and heard the coolant gurgaling into the overfill container...Is that normal? Any imput is great, thanks much!
Generaly a very good engine but gargling says head gasket gone With everything else I hope you buy it very cheap.Is it worth getting a 2wd Amigo as a winter driver.You get all the disadvantages of a suv and none of the advantages.