92 Toyota PU 2WD - spring height ?????

How can I find out the spring height on my 92 Toyota PU 2WD. Obviously it has LEAF springs.

I use a tape measure to measure DOWN from the center of the UPPER part of the wheel well to level ground and get 27 inches. So in effect I am measuring the TIRE OPENING down the center of the axle. No loads of junk in the bed.

My neighbor borrowed a Mazda B2300 truck - same kind of little ½ half ton PU and when I measured his truck, it was like 4-5 inches higher than mine.

Hence I am wondering if my springs need to be re-arched at my local spring works.

I have no idea what the original "ride height" was . TIA

Reply to
Conase

Tire size will also affect that measurement. One way to check if the truck is riding level is to measure from the ground up to the frame in 2 places along the flat portion of the frame between the wheels. For example, if you measure at 2 spots 50" apart and find a 1" height difference, then extrapolating that to the ~100" wheel base would give you a front to back height difference of 2".

Reply to
Roger Brown