1994 Amigo 4x4 XS metallic rattle???

I hope you maybe able to help me. I own a 1994 Amigo 4x4 XS and I love it. 115,000 miles and not a bit of trouble other than a metallic rattle coming from the rear of the engine near the fire wall. It's not internal to the engine, nor is it the exhaust pipes or shields. I have posted my trouble in many forums on the net. I have learned that many people have a similar sound from the same place. I have checked everything one could get to without taking the engine and transmission out of the SUV. The only thing I see that could be producing the sound are two small .5" to 1" metal pipes just above the transmission case. But they do not touch anything. I'm wondering if you have heard of such a problem or maybe someone here. Any information you could provide me would be great.

Regards

Reply to
Randy