Re: 86 Trooper II - Turbo Diesel For Sale

snipped-for-privacy@thekraal.com (madiba) wrote in message wrote:

Diesels WERE available. Now, only in the VERY used market, unless you want a Mercedes, VW, or a very big truck (Ford F250-350 & Excursion, Chevy/GMC 2500HD/3500, Dodge Ram 2500-3500). Yes, they went out of fashion. I believe when the US Honda/Isuzu factory opened (in Ohio?), they did not produce diesels. If I recall correctly, the Trooper was not immediately produced in the new factory, and they continued to import it for a year or two--so the diesel was still available then. I don't think the diesel pickup was available in '86.
Toyota did the same thing at the end of the '86 model year. My wife had one of the last U.S. diesel Camrys, a 1986 model. It was a turbodiesel, and I loved it. But it died _way_ too early, with only 116k miles (head gasket).
I'm still driving my diesel '83 Isuzu P'up. Wish I could get an updated version!
Jack
I don't suppose I could drop my mercedes 300 turbo diesel into that car could I? And, is a 4x4? Jim
JR wrote:

--
When emailing to me change pactell.net to pacbell.net. Thanks