Daimler 250 V8

Hi, could you tell me if Daimler made a manual gearbox version of the Mk2, and if so, how many were built. Is there a conversion I can do to convert an automatic into a manual. Could I fit an overdrive. Any information would be great. Many thanks for looking

Reply to
Michael Musgrave

No, but you can use any gearbox out of a regular MKII Jag.

Raoul

Reply to
Raoul Donschachner
Reply to
Michael Musgrave

Reply to
Phil

Hi Webserve, thanks for the informative reply. So were there 4779 manual versions of this car made? How many were exported etc.

Regards

Michael

Reply to
Michael Musgrave

Michael, I re-read my post and realized I had mis-led you with the example. There were 4779 Right Hand Drive Daimler 250 V8 motorcars made. Period. SOME of these were manual transmissions. I do not know how many. There were an additional 104 of the motorcars that were Left Hand Drive.

To answer your original post, the VIN will tell you if it is an original car that came with a manual transmission or not. It is probably NOT a made up car.

Webserve

Reply to
webserve

Thanks Webserve,

you were a great help. Just going to get my box of spanners and a tin of paint to restore her! I think she is a little bit special.

Regards

Michael

Reply to
Michael Musgrave