Daimler V8 engine

I have a Daimler V8 automatic. The engine is in need of reconditioning. I have been offered a reconditioned Daimler V8 engine but from a manual car. Will I be able to just fit the auto box onto a the new engine by swapping the auto box, adaptor plate, torque converter and housing etc, or will the end of the crank be different. Any ideas. Thanks David

Reply to
David

Don't know this specific engine, but on most the crank is the same. Instead of a flywheel you have a flexiplate with the torque convertor attached to it which bolts on in the same way. The bush in the centre of the crank may be different, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Usually the problems are encountered when trying to use an auto engine in a manual car as sometimes the hole for the spigot bearing is either not there or too small.

Reply to
Conor

I've not seen a TC without a central spigot.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)