GC 4.0 cracked manifold

Well upset. Just spent 500 ukp having exhaust manifold on my '98 GC replaced. It was cracked in three places. The replacement has flexible connections to the outer two ports. Anyone know the cause of the damage (apart from sh*te design) and is it worth claiming off Jeep for the cost (as it appears they already knew) Thanks CB

Reply to
cb

It was cracked in

Anyone know the

for the cost

They won't offer up any cash as the part is out of warranty. Some people have had luck with their dealers going in for half the cost, but that is a rarity. I had sent DC an email regarding this and my '98 TJ, and they informed me that since it was out of warranty they won't help.

Reply to
Dave Sturgeon

It was cracked in

Anyone know the

Jeep for the cost

Although if you would have ahad it done at the dealer $500.00 would be half of the cost, so nevermind.

Reply to
Dave Sturgeon

Yeah thanks Dave, just found out that there is a class action going on in the states but sadly nothing in the uk. Think this stinks. Will be my last Jeep.

It was cracked in

ports. Anyone know the

Jeep for the cost

Reply to
cb

cb did pass the time by typing:

Just went through that with my 93ZJ. The OEM header is a piece of garbage.

Reply to
DougW

Here ya go Doug! (damn, now what about my 2.5 manifold?)

Nick N

Nick N did pass the time by typing:

Gonna sign up. Heck if it gets me a few bucks back on the new header it will be worth the trouble. That is if the webform worked. :/

Reply to
DougW

DougW did pass the time by typing:

NM, I figured it out. The link on that page is b0rked but the main page took me there.

Reply to
DougW

states but sadly

I just noticed that link from a different post and offered up my information. Unfortunately I just deleted that damn email last week after it sitting in my inbox for 9 months, figures.

Reply to
Dave Sturgeon

Yeah, and whaddabout my `89 with the tell-tale phft!phft! noise under the hood? I'm excluded from the class.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Tell me about it, mine is starting to roar in my 88....

Mike

Lee Ayrt>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
twaldron

Thanks for this info. I NEVER would have known about this lawsuit if you hadn't mentioned it. Dam-iler-Chrysler should own up to the fact they had a defective exhaust manifold years ago.

Wblane