help

i need help i have a 1990 jeep comanche pioneer oil keeps coming out of the oil cap whene it's on it do's it whene i rev it up the engine has been rebilt it has a 2.5 in it...

Reply to
fred25401

Your pcv valve/crankcase ventilation system is not working, or the rebuild was no good and the rings are leaking and causing a too much blow by.

Reply to
hdd

That can be an issue with a plugged up CCV or PCV system that Jeep engines are notorious for. I know several people that got sucked into new engines because the air filter was filling up with oil due to this.

I am not 100% up on the 4 banger's system, but basically there is an intake from the air filter into the valve cover and a thin plastic suction line from the valve cover to the intake manifold. The suction line or the grommet it plugs into in the valve cover just gets plugged if it's a CCV system and it will blow oil.

I use carb cleaner and a wire to ream out the plastic CCV tubes. The grommet's metered hole can be cleaned with a paper clip.

If it's a PCV system, (unlikely) the valve should rattle freely.

Here is an article specific to the 4.0 engine, but I believe your system is the same:

Mike

Mike Romain

ok thank you

Reply to