i need help

i have a 97 plymouth breeze... it makes a weird clunking noise while driving.. when i go faster the noise gets faster and louder... when i turn to the right the noise slightly goes away and when i go to the left the noise gets slightly louder... once while driving the transmission gave out (i stepped on the accelerator and the engine reved but the car would not move) i left the car overnight and the next day the car moved again. i need to know what is wrong with my car !!! also when i start my car the odometer and the rpm gauge do not come on but after a while the both turn on at the same time. is this related?

Reply to
ineedhelp1618

the problem is, it's a Plymouth- get rid of it, and buy a GM product

Reply to
duty-honor-country

Said the troll.

Reply to
bicycle, The Fifth Wheel King

Sounds to me like a tired or wheel or possibly driveshaft problem. Have you even bothered to look at the tread and sidewalls of your tires, or the CV joint boots underneath in front?

Transmissions just don't "give out," unless they're helped to fail by bad maintenance, or lack of any altogether. Did you check the fluid level/color?

No, and what's happening is that it's probably trying to give you trouble codes for all the stuff that's screwed up with it.

Reply to
DeserTBoB

yeah...the nearly bankrupt GM...what a GREAT idea!

Typical comment form a "megatroll" like Charlie Nudo, aka snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

...who now thinks that the word "honor" begins with an "O".

WHAT'S UP, D-O-C?

Whudda maroon! WHUDDA IGNORANIMOUS!

Reply to
DeserTBoB

underneath the front. Do you think that both the CV joints are bad? Or just one?

started to move again, and the fluid was brown.

Reply to
ineedhelp1618 via CarKB.com

Thanks for all the help... I'll make sure to look into that.