High altitude tuning for `79 Jeep?

I'm moving from Connecticut to Flagstaff, AZ. My home in CT is at about

200' above sea level, Flagstaff is 7100' above MSL.

Will I need to do anything special to my 258ci to keep it running right? I don't want the thing to be turning blue and gasping for breath.

And, while I'm at it, any feedback on DAS as a long distance car hauler? I'm a coward, sure, but I'm not driving a 30-year old CJ-5 2500 miles (or, for that matter, 145 miles of unfamiliar territory and a mile up from the DAS terminal in Phoenix to Flagstaff). I'd like to have working kidneys at the end of the day.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Give this a read.

I remember a discussion of a high-altitude jumper wire on more modern pooter controlled cars that required connection to ground. There was also a high altitude carb. Probably a larger bore and smaller jets.

Got me. But I did find a cool site while googling for a link.

DougW

I went to jeep Jamboree at Apex Mt. in BC Canada, you do a google on it to find the alt. my 81 CJ with 258 did fine there.

Reply to
Greg