79 Jeep Cj-5 Dana Oil

I recently bought a 79 Jeep Cj-5, I was wondering what type of oil does the Dana 20 transfer case take? Also, what sort of oil does the 3 speed manual transmission take? I don't have the manuals or anything for it yet, so any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks.

Reply to
JeepCjBoy

Just about any gear lube like 70W or 70W-80, 75W-90, etc. will work fine. If it says GL-3, GL-4, or GL-5, it's ok. Don't let someone say it takes ATF, only later model chain driven transfer cases use ATF.

Same with the 3-speed manual but it is a little fussier in that you should only run GL-3 or GL-4 gear lube. Redline's MT-90 would be great for that tranny.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford