Liberty First oil change!

Had my 1st oil change and complained about my poor mileage. I got the regular BS about how it's not broken in yet at 3500 miles. The diagnostic showed all OK. Sticker says 15 and 22. I'm getting 10 and

  1. Oh well.
Reply to
JKConey

Bet it will go up a bit by the time you hit 6-8K miles. It took me almost 10K to see an improvement in mileage on my Ram truck. However, also realize that driving habits impact mileage more than anything else.

Reply to
PeterD

Reply to
socks09

I go out of my way to drive like an old lady while I'm testing, and it just plain sucks in stop and go driving.

Reply to
JKConey

I know, I drive very conservatively when I'm in my Dodge truck, (and a few other vehicles I have, all bigger ones.) Realize that the sticker is based on optimal circumstances using controlled environments (that makes it easier to compare different vehicles...) and that Jeep has never set records for fuel economy either!

Regardless, re-check at 10K miles and I'm sure you will see a change. Mine went from 11 to 13 MPG at about 15K miles (a 2004 Hemi 2500 HD Ram.)

Reply to
PeterD