Kia 2004 Sorento oil change

Can anyone tell me what size oil filter i need. Also how to change my own oil the book tells me to use 10-40 oil
Thanks

We use Purolator PureOne oil filters. The part number is PL14459, available at Advance Auto Parts.
To change your oil, after raising the front end and letting the motor cool, remove the skid plate just under the motor. You cannot get to the oil filter or drain plug unless you do. There are 5 bolts holding it on (I forget the size, but I know they're metric). Once it's out of the way, you will see the filter and oil pan. Drain the oil from the pan (remember to recycle) and remove/replace the filter, tightening 1/2-3/4 turns after the gasket makes contact. Clean and tighten the plug then add 4 1/2 quarts of oil in through the filler on the top of the motor cover. We use Mobil-1 10w-30. Easy as pie.
Cheers - Jonathan
--
Jonathan A. Race
Lieutenant, EMS Supervisor

Only thing I would really do is stay with the KIA Filter.
dturner3195 wrote:

Do you really have to take a skid plate off to change the oil?
wrote in message

own
Brian Foster wrote:

Sadly it's a fact. The oil drain plug is under one cover a non metal one the other metal cover has to be removed to get the filter.

it's not that bad, just a couple of extra bolts you have to remove--
wrote in message

my
Is it necessary to change the drain plug gasket every oil change as stated in the Kia Web site service material? Are these gaskets only available at Kia dealers?

Silver Surfer wrote:

I did not replace mine and have not replaced them on other cars and trucks and I have not had any leaks. If it looks worn then replace it. It's a Std. type copper crush washer you can find them at any autoparts store.