2006 Kia Optima EXV6 2.7 dohc

Broke the timing belt. Have not pulled apart any farther than belt inspection. I'm looking at replacing the heads. Can I just replace the heads or is it likely that a piston was damaged in the process?

I can get another engine for about $700.00 would that be smarter?

Thanks for any advice. Dave

Reply to
db

"db" wrote in news:UW1Un.45931$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe10.iad:

I would go with another engine. The belt broke in the car I had before my Optima. After fixing the head, internal damage showed up a short time later making the engine useless.

Reply to
Jeff

That's what I'm leanin towards...I guess i'll put a timin belt on it before I "slap er in there" Thanks for the input. db

Reply to
db

FYI When YOUR Timing belt breaks... You can have a 600 dollar engine put in for about 600 dollars so your looking at twelve and you get a motor with less milageThan the one you broke...

Not nearly the LIFE sentance I had always heard. Hell the belt replacement is close to 500...7 more bills and you get an engine with less than 60 thou..... I had 200.00 miles on myine when it died. I drive alot.

Reply to
db