Air Conditioner freezes up year round...

Help!!! Please! I have a 2002 KIA Sportage and the a/c keeps freezing up winter or summer, I have replaced the high pressure cut out switch on the filter drier, the compressor still runs all the time, do you know of another themostat or switch that controls the cycling of the compressor?? Thanks, Jess

Reply to
jess007

There is usually a relay that the thermostat controls , look in the fuse compartment under the hood , on the underside of the fuse cover it should list the fuses and relays , see if the numbers on the a/c relay are the same as any other, if so swap them around and see what happens. The relay may be stuck in the on position . I'm telling you this based on experience from other cars not Kias and an amateur .

Reply to
Phil

Reply to
mike and debbie