kia rio need help will not start

i have an 01 kia rio in which has had a new battery and new alternator and belt but will not start now. all i get is a hard click when i try to sart it , if any one can help me please reply thank u

Reply to
prpshadow650

Is the new battery charged and why did you replace all these things ?

Reply to
Phil

Sounds like a new starter is needed; I replaced my 01 Rio starter at around 90M.

Reply to
StLouisMike

thanks for the info ,, but was wondering if u could tell me where it is i usually do all my own work , but i could not see it on the car .thank u again

Reply to
prpshadow650 via CarKB.com

yes i have tried jumping it for hours ,,, the battery and alterantor where replaced in sept when a friend got the car. they needed to be done

Reply to
prpshadow650 via CarKB.com

Not sure where it is either .... you can usually trace the starter beginning at the battery there are usually two heavy red cables , one them always leads to the starter. I have a bad feeling that the timing belt may have failed and the engine is locked up.

Reply to
Phil

Reply to
prpshadow650 via CarKB.com

Amused to read that you "do your own work" but cant find the starter!

Basically its under the intake near where the trans meets the motor. Yes its well hidden and could be a handful to remove.

Yank the top timing cover and check to see that the timing marks line up and there isnt any perceptible slack in the timing belt. the only two motors I have taken apart on these cars had VERY loose timing belts. One grenaded and I bet the other would have too if it had ran at the junkyard.

-SP

prpshadow650 wrote:

Reply to
Speedy Pete

thanks for the in put but yes i do my own work on my cars have never worked on a kia ,,anyways thank u again i got it running and it is at a garage right now , to cold outside to work on it ...., i will let u know the out come of it thanks

Speedy Pete wrote:

Reply to
prpshadow650 via CarKB.com