Wiper blade for Rio 5

For those of you calling me cheap for not buying a rear wiper blade for my Rio 5 from the dealer they want $30.00 for the blade only.

That's why I asked if anyone knew where I could get a CHEAP blade.

Reply to
Kia-Ed

Wally world....Target...sears.....auto zone..etc etc

Reply to
ED

A cheap blade the FITS a Rio 5. None of those places sell the correct blade.

Reply to
Kia-Ed

Kia-Ed, did you ever find a place that sells these wiper blades/refills? I'm needing one and I can't find them anywhere. :?

Reply to
jhunter

Nope. And don't expect any help from any of the regulars on this board. They seem to find the whole thing very comical.

Reply to
Kia-Ed

You are an idiot Kia Ed

Reply to
Eddie

Thanks for your help.

For the guy who was actually looking for a blade, the dealer told me my best bet (If I didn't want to spend $60 for a whole arm) was to go to a junk yard and see if they had any Rio 5's. Since I've seen a total of five of these babys in the U.S. (I saw one at the Frankfurt auto show last year) I'm betting there won't be too many in the junk yards.

And to you "regulars" here, I don't really know what your problems are, but I hope you don't get stuck looking for an odd-sized replacement part someday. Then again; maybe I do.

Reply to
Kia-Ed

Careful, Ed. As one of the regulars, I not only do not think you are an idiot, but empathize with your problem. I too have had some cars (a Chevy Sprint, fore-runner to the old Geo Metro was one) where I had to try to find a unique wiper blade.

I didn't post, because I didn't have any information I thought would help you. But I must admit that I also have been frustrated at the insistence of certain car makers to feel the need to have to "re-invent the wheel" when it comes to wiper blades. And I guess they know they "have you," since everybody will need a wiper blade change at some point.

Sorry for not posting sooner. But not every regular here tries to be snide. I only post when I can help, and I wish I could here. But I have not been able to find anything useful for you here.

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Well thank you. I knew there had to be more reasonable readers than the idiots that a) Didn't read the initial question. b) Didn't read the initial question completely. c) Ignored the initial question and decided to have a little "fun" at my expense.

Reply to
Kia-Ed

I too am (or was once upon a time) a regular. I am a bit annoyed at the broad brush used in painting us all as "idiots" but I understand the frustration. Like Rev. Wenndt, I also have no knowledge of the Rio in particular, merely more generic knowledge plus that of my own KIA, a

2003 Sorento.

To recap my experiences with KIA rear wiper blades in general: As stated above, I own a 2003 Sorento. I ran into the wiper problem while shopping for winter blades. I found that while I could get blades that fit the arm, they weren't the same size. Certainly the resultant "sweep" across the rear window was not the same. The amount of clearance was far less. The blade that Canadian Tire had recommended was a 13" blade while I am fairly certain that KIA's is a 14" unit.

I also suspect that the point of attachment was not the same relative to the end of the blade as with a genuine KIA blade. The result of that the area that is cleaned by the blade is offset compared to the original KIA blade.

To add to the confusion - and hence misery - KIA has since gone to a pretty fancy design of armature on most models. The whole blade seems to be covered by a plastic trim, practically guaranteeing that you have to use their blades.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Tim Lapin