98 Sportage error code help, please....

Hi All, My kid has a 1998 Sportage, 4WD manual trans, 2L, 4 cylnder.

Engine has been idling rough, mileage has dropped pretty noticably. We did most of the standard "tune up" stuff - plugs, air filter, fuel filter, etc., as it was about time anyhow. Did not help much. Today I got a "Check Engine" light. Borrowed a generic OBD scanner, it gave me two codes:

P0107 & P0117

The scanner described the P0107 code as being "System too lean bank 1" and P0117 as "Coolant temp Circuit low input".

Looking up the codes on line at some of the Kia specific sites describes P0107 a bit differently as "MAP/BARO circuit low input".

What would "MAP/BARO circuit low input" point towards? Any ideas as to what i ought to check next? And what of the P0117 code? Thoughts, please?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much!

-AL A.

Reply to
Al A.

Most large auto parts stores will check and diagnose for free, have you tried one of them ?

Reply to
Phil