Attaching weathershields

After recently spending A$30,000 on a second hand Discovery SII, I am somewhat dismayed to discover both driver & passenger weathershields are basically glued on....the driver's side is about to fall off....currently being kept in place by electrical tape.....a roadside repair before it flew off into motorcyclist behind me.

Both shields are Landrover genuine parts & are not designed for clipping on as most after-market shields do.

Can anyone advise if they have had the same problem & what method was best for permanently securing them back on....with no doubt of them smashing into vehicles behind at high speed along freeways.

Double-sided tape and/or adhesive comes to mind.....but I don't feel confident with that solution. I know I could take them off & leave them off.....however, I don't want to.

Many thanks,

Ric Norris. Brisbane. Australia.

Ric Norris

With the right prep, there are some double sided glue systems that are stronger than the plastic parts you join with them. There is a 3M product "foamed acrylic adhesive" which is routinely used for gluing skin panels on buses and coaches.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor