Brake pad recommendation

I have a 2000 ES300 Lexus build 10/99.

I am confused about what brake pad to buy which will replace the original equipment (or better). I am told they were ceramic, and I was told they were semi-metallic. The dealership said both also on two different occasions.

What is prompting this is that I had a front brake job done last year at a Brake place (not Lexus) and the brakes squeal and a ton of dust. Rear wheels look fine.

What brake pads should I buy (for all 4 wheels) ?? Thanks

p.s. I can always buy them at Lexus for 3 times the price, but hopefully you folks know where I can buy equivalent (or the same) at much cheaper prices

Reply to
Michael

Why don't you purchase the OEM pads at a Lexus dealer and have them installed by a trustworthy and competent local independent shop?

Reply to
Ray O

See my 'p.s.' ... They want $84 per set. I am sure that Lexus gets their pads from a third party supplier ... anyone know who that is so I can buy them for a half the price .... thanks..

Reply to
Michael

Hmmm, I think I paid somewhere in the $40's for pads for my LS at our local Lexus dealer.

If you know the part number, go online and see if you can find the part number for less.

Toyota's OEM brake supplier is Akebono.

Reply to
Ray O

do you know if I should order the Ceramic Akebono brakes ore the semi-metallic? (I don't know the part number unfortunately)

Thanks!

Reply to
Michael

I believe semi-metallic is OEM so I'd stick to semi-metallic. Ceramic may last a little longer but will also cost more.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray !

Reply to
Michael

You're welcome!

Reply to
Ray O

I am very happy with the PBR Deluxe (organic) pads.

Very rotor friendly and virtually dust free.

Reply to
Curtis Newton

Are they original Lexus replacement pads?

Reply to
Michael

They are not OEM pads. But, from my experience, they are excellent pads. I believe Akebono are the OEM pads.

The Axxis (PBR) deluxe organic pad is about $35, the metal master is about $40, and the ceramic (kevlar) is about $45.

Curtis Newton

The Akebono pads are $49.85 plus s/h.

5&partid&makeid)&modelidC5&year 00

Reply to