Re: Washer liquid warmer

> Daniel J. Stern wrote: > > > > > > > > What about heating them? What about defrosting the windshield? they > > > could use transparent semiconductors > > > > Ford did that in the late '80s and early '90s. The result was VERY > > pissed-off customers who did not appreciate that these windshields > > could not be repaired and cost a fortune to replace. > > Insta-Clear! They were gold-laminated, like space helmet visors, were > they not?

Actually copper just a few molecules thick (maybe one). The gold tint was only visible when viewing the windshield from outside at an extreme angle. Mine worked great for over 85K miles, and then I traded the car. Never heard of many problems with THAT part of the car, but the transmissions were pathetic.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke