Brake pad life on 99 Intrepid

Can someone tell me what the average brake pad life is for the 99 Intrepid ES?

Reply to
me

What type of pads?

There are $7.99 "organic" brake pads then there are semi-metallic, ceramic, titanium, etc, etc, etc...

I would say that on average a decent set of semi-metallic brake pads, priced from $20 - $40, should get you 30k - 50k miles.

Alot also depends on where you drive (city/highway), your driving habits, and/or vehicle load. Make sure the rear brakes are properly adjusted and functioning otherwise the front brakes are doing ALL of the work - not good

Reply to
<jbharri

Disk brakes are not adjustable.

Bill Putney

I know - that's why I said to make certain the rear brakes...... nevermind....... :-/ OK. Maker CERTAIN the proportioning valve is precisely calibrated. :-) j/k

Jim

Reply to
<jbharri