I'm Considering a Lexus

I'm considering (despite transmission hesitation) a 2005 ES330.

Question: Does the ES330 require a timing belt replacement? How many miles?

Thanks.

Reply to
Charles Brand

Company says do it every 60,000 miles. Some guys say do it at 90,000. Of course with the hesitation, you are likely to be dead before you drive it that far anyway, so look at the bright side - won't have to change it after all!

Reply to
mcbrue

Any vehicle that has a timing belt, and this includes most vehicles, will REQUIRE a belt replacement at some point. Usually before 100k miles. My '02 ES 300, tranny issues and all, haven't caused me any harm.

Reply to
Road Rage

Reply to
robrjt

Don't we all.

Reply to
Road Rage

I have a 2005 Lexus ES 330. I have the transmission jerk and hesitation. It's not real bad, but it's there. The dealer recently checked the car and told me the software update was installed before I took delivery. I drive the car, but I doubt I would buy it again. Why buy it when there are other good cars out there without the transmission problem. Al

Reply to
Al

This is a true story. I have a friend who bought a motorcycle dealership. This guy is a life long Ford lover. The dealership came with a Chevrolet truck. Him and another guy were driving down the road one day in the Chevy and my friend said, "Oh no, this POS is turning over 100,000 miles. These Chevies usually blow up about now." It wasn't 30 seconds later the engine coughed, and quit. The timing chain having wiped out the plastic timing gear GM had been using for years.

Reply to
Bill in Yakima

Reply to
robrjt

Reply to
Steve Jacobs

Tell that to any owner of an early Infiniti Q45.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Reply to
robrjt

Boy, I'll say you're no expert! But happy to give advice, nonetheless.

Steve Jacobs wrote:

Reply to
Rob