Lexus IS

Is the Lexus IS a good car to purchase or not? I've heard mixed things.

LuxuryCarForums.com

The IS350 appears to be a very quick sports sedan with good, but BMW-level handling. A good alternative to a 330i for those who value reliability and quickness above handling and driver involvement (no manual offered).

The IS250 is, shall we be kind?, not an attractive buy vs. a 325i or a G35.

Reply to
GRL

That should have been:

"The IS350 appears to be a very quick sports sedan with good, but NOT BMW-level handling."

Regrets for the typo.

Reply to
GRL

I researched for 4 weeks, took the IS350 for a test drive 6 times, took the 330i for a test drive 4 times. Looked at every aspect, handling, interior, convenience, price, resale value, styling, comfort. The lexus just seemed to come up on top in everything. Some people will say the handling of the BMW is better. I agree. But it is not that much better, so I didn't worry about that. The lexus handles beautifully. Thats all I'm worried about. The lexus also cost me $3000 less in an apples to apples to comparision. I bought the lexus. This might help.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Reply to
johnycarlos

I test drove the IS350 and found it every bit as interesting as the BMW330 at driving. Plus, its faster, more luxurious, likely more reliable, and cheaper. I chose not to purchase it because of the back seat issue. It's too small for someone that really needs to use it...although not as bad as the sc. I think BMW should be worried, very worried. g