Mrs Smith said Lexus, so Lexus is toast!

In her tearfull testimony before Congress, Mrs Smith said her Lexus accelerated to 100 mph and it took several miles for it to shut down so she could get it stopped in the left lane pull off. She did what you or I would do with two footed braking, down shifting, keys off. The enging kept varying up and down after it was pulled off. It finaly shut down. DID SHE MEAN LEXUS ???? Or was that a mispeak ???

And I am only reporting what I heard all over CNN today so stop with the stupid criticism of the witness already. There have been enough other good, common folks with this problem that it is real. And the Japanese and their employees are really in business=war against s, so all you shills on this group, shut down, please. Remember, it was the Japanese who identified bussiness as war, and that after the 2nd World War !

Reply to
mcbrue

Toyota will fix the problems and the public will forgive after awhile. We have two Lexus in our family and not one problem.

Reply to
Edwardo Starinski

I see two potential problems with my Lexus GS accelerator pedal, one that it is too close to the brake, I once stepped on the brake and my foot hit the gas at the same time, (accidentally of course), the other, my gas pedal is rather stiff under foot, when compared to my friend's Toyota Avalon (same model year); when I complained about this accelerator pedal stiffness, the dealer's response was that nothing could be done. Since both gas pedals are fly by wire, GS and Avalon, I seriously feel it is a pedal sensor/software problem, it would be nice to have the sensor on Mrs Smith's Lexus ES checked to see if it indeed failed. If that fails, why not update the software so the brake function always overrides the accelerator function.

Reply to
kitzler